FREAKHOSTING is a game server provider, launched with intentions of providing the highest quality services at the lowest possible price. We're a registered business in United Kingdom and have been providing our services since 2018, making us one of the longest running hosts. Our team is comprised of experienced and dedicated gamers and developers who've been working in the hosting industry for multiple years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated April 01, 2023
We are Vlad-Ioan Alexandru (sole-trader) trading as FREAKHOSTING ('Company', 'we', 'us', or 'our'), a company registered in the United Kingdom at 3rd floor, 86-90 Paul St, London, England EC2A 4NE.
We operate the website freakhosting.com (the 'Site'), as well as gamepanel.gg and any other related products and services that refer or link to these legal terms (the 'Legal Terms') (collectively, the 'Services').
You can contact us by phone at (+44)115 7940794, email at [email protected], or by mail to 3rd floor, 86-90 Paul St, London, England EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom.
All provisions of this contract are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of FREAKHOSTING.
Subscriber understands that change to the T&C by FREAKHOSTING shall not be grounds for early contract termination or non-payment.
The Services are intended for users who are at least 13 years of age. All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside (generally under the age of 18) must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the Services. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian read and agree to these Legal Terms prior to you using the Services.
By accepting our Terms of Service, you also agree to the following:
Acceptable Use Policy
The contractual language is english.
All products are subject to availability. We reserve the right to discontinue any products at any time for any reason. Prices for all products are subject to change.
You may be required to register to use the Services. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
Occasionally for new orders that we have determined at our discretion to be high risk, or fraudulent we may require identity verification. If you do not wish to comply when asked, we will be forced to offer a full refund on the service purchased. Identity verification is required on all Dedicated Server purchases.
Purchases and Payment
We accept the following forms of payment:
You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made via the Services. You further agree to promptly update account and payment information, including email address, payment method, and payment card expiration date, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. We may change prices at any time. All payments shall be in Euros.
You agree to pay all charges at the prices then in effect for your purchases and any applicable shipping fees, and you authorise us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such amounts upon placing your order. If your order is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to our charging your payment method on a recurring basis without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge, until such time as you cancel the applicable order. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment.
- All of our services run on a subscription based payment.
- Servers can be cancelled by the customer at any time, however no refunds will be given for the remainder of the billing cycle.
- Charges are made automatically on the due date if paid directly using a credit/debit or PayPal. Paysafecard and Crypto payments are not automatic and must be paid manually for every billing period i.e. monthly/quarterly/semi-annually/annually.
- For all services, apart from dedicated servers, the following procedure will be enforced:
An invoice will be generated 7 days prior to due date.
- For dedicated servers, the following procedure will be enforced:
- The cost of a server subscription is valid through the entire rental of the server, subject to fair consumer price index increases.
- All subscription users have the option to transfer to different products/services.
- Dedicated servers may take up to 72 hours to set up but we hope that typically these should be set up in 24.
- FREAKHOSTING does not install add-ons for all games but FREAKHOSTING support staff may help under certain circumstances and with certain games. Some help is achieved by support staff, that play the game, offering their own time-saving scripts to others. FREAKHOSTING and staff members take no responsibility for the use of these scripts. Please use it at your own risk.
- Service downgrades are nonrefundable. Downgrades occur the instant you make them. Making downgrades towards then end of the month would be ideal.
- Uptime of 99.5% is guaranteed and any network or power outage that exceeds this over the course of 30 days will be redeemable in form of a partial refund.
- You agree not to access or attempt to access any of our services by any means other than the FREAKHOSTING interface.
- You agree not to circumvent FREAKHOSTING security features for any reason, particularly in order to access the system without incurring charges.
- You agree not to engage in activities that interrupt or interfere with FREAKHOSTING services.
- You agree not to use freakhosting.com in a manner that unfairly, as determined by the sole discretion of FREAKHOSTING, encumbers any system beyond those provided to you as part of the service you purchased.
- You agree not to perform any network-based attack on any network, host, or server, including but not limited to "denial of service" attacks or attempting to crash the server.
- You agree not to reproduce, sell, or trade FREAKHOSTING services.
- You agree that your account is your sole responsibility and that you will accept the consequences of any breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions agreement.
- You agree that you are responsible for the security of your account and that you will keep your passwords confidential.
- You agree that you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
Cancellations, Refunds, Refunds and the 3 day Money-Back Guarantee
- All game and web hosting plans have a 3 (three) day money-back guarantee from the initial server setup date.
- After the 3 (three) day period of the server setup date, the service is no longer eligible for a refund.
- Any eligible refunds must be requested via a support ticket.
- Domain registration is non-refundable.
- VPS orders are non-refundable.
- Dedicated server orders are non-refundable.
- Any paysafecard payments that are eligible for a refund can only be refunded via account credits.
- Any Crypto payments that are eligible for a refund can only be refunded via account credits using EURO equivalent to the price of the service being refunded.
- Refunds on automated renewal payments will only be issued when requested by the client. If requested within 3 (three) days of the automatic renewal payment, 100% of the renewal amount will be refunded. If requested within 7 (seven) days of the automated renewal payment, 50% of the amount will be refunded. If requested 14 (fourteen) days after the automatic renewal payment, no refund will be issued.
- Refunds on automated renewal payments do not apply to non-refundable services such as dedicated servers, domain registrations and VPS.
- Refunds are only offered to new clients. Any clients who have purchased a service previously are not eligible for the 3-day money-back guarantee.
- A chargeback or dispute of any payment will result in the immediate suspension of all services you own until the resolution of the dispute or chargeback.
- If a chargeback is ruled in favor of the customer, and we believe that the chargeback was fraudulent, you will be referred to a credit collections agency.
FREAKHOSTING reserves the right to terminate your account at any time. Any fees that have been paid in advance of cancellation will be refunded to you if FREAKHOSTING initiates the cancellation based on their discretion.
- We aim to provide an average response time of 30 minutes, some responses may take longer however depending on the complexity of the request.
- Spamming the ticket system will create a further delay in response, if this is continued, you may be banned from the support ticket system and thus will not be able to get support for your services.
- We reserve the right to not respond due to abusive comments (i.e. Swearing and causing other issues) If this is continued, your services may be terminated without refund.
- The Live Chat that we provide is for sales and marketing only, if you have any support queries for your services, please create a ticket.
- Complimentary backups are only provided for users for an extra-cost on all game servers packages.
- FREAKHOSTING provides 7 day backups where each day a backup is taken between 3am and 10am local server time.
- Backups are held on a separate storage drive which is not accessible by the customer
- If backups are not available due to an error, FREAKHOSTING is not responsible for the loss of your file(s), content, plugins, mods, maps etc.
As part of the domain registration process, you are required to provide us with certain information and to update this information to keep it current, complete and accurate. This information includes: your full name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and fax number if available;
You agree and understand that the foregoing registration data will be publicly available (Unless ID protection is purchased) and accessible on the Whois directory as required by ICANN/Registry Policy and may be sold in bulk in accordance with the ICANN Agreement.
Inaccurate or Unreliable Data. You hereby represent and warrant that the data provided in the domain name registration application is true, correct, up to date and complete and that you will continue to keep all the information provided up to date. Your willful provision of inaccurate or unreliable information, your willful failure promptly to update information provided to us, or any failure to respond for over five calendar days to our inquiries addressed to the e-mail address of the administrative, billing or technical contact then appearing in the Whois directory with respect to an domain name concerning the accuracy of contact details associated with any registration(s) or the registration of any domain name(s) registered by or through you or your account, shall constitute a breach of this Agreement. Any information collected by us concerning an identified or identifiable natural person ("Personal Data") will be used in connection with the registration of your domain name(s) and for the purposes of this Agreement and as required or permitted by the ICANN Agreement or any ICANN/Registry Policy.
- Activating your affiliate account and sharing your affiliate link requires you to have a clear and conspicuous disclosure of your relationship with FREAKHOSTING. To learn more information on FTC's disclosure requirements, please click here.
- Withdrawals from the affiliate program can only be done via Bank Transfer.
- External withdrawals such as via PayPal are not permitted unless we explicitly allow it for your account.
- Advertising your affiliate link is only permitted on websites that require registration and clearly state who posted the affiliate link. (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, forums, blogs, etc)
- Any promotional website that provides reviews, coupons, discounts are strictly prohibited.
- There will be no commission earned from dedicated server orders.
- When posting your affiliate link, it must be fully visible and you may not use any redirects or URL shortening services to mask your affiliate link.
- At any point, your account can be investigated that all of the affiliate program terms are followed. Failure to follow any of these terms may result in an inability to withdraw your affiliate account balance, affiliate account balance nullification and or account closure.
Minecraft End User License Agreement
- By using any FREAKHOSTING Minecraft-related service, you agree to the Minecraft End User License Agreement and any related or additional agreements, terms, or conditions specified therein, as provided by Mojang AB, in addition to but not in place of FREAKHOSTING Terms of Service.
- Minecraft EULA: https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
- While we offer instant database creation from our WISP panel you need to understand that our databases are provided as a free service. Because of this we do not hold any liability for MySQL data loss or corruption. By using a database provided by FREAKHOSTING you understand that we reserve the sole right to terminate it if we deem it necessary, additionally, our MySQL service is not to be used for personal use, this is not limited to but includes private websites, and other non-server uses.
FREAKHOSTING makes no warranty or representation that:
- the service will meet your requirements.
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
- While we offer unlimited bandwidth and space to our customers we reserve the right to request that you delete excessive file such as large logs or anything else we deem excessive. Any uploaded files that cause the server to lag or make the server unplayable are not the responsibility of FREAKHOSTING.
- Unfair usage - If we find your server using any sort of system to bypass limits put on your server such as slots or RAM amount, Player Slot amount etc. your server is subject to being terminated without refund.
Liability Limitation and Exclusion
FREAKHOSTING, under no circumstances, shall be held liable for any data loss, disruption of information, or distribution of information including that of unauthorized access to our server systems or any other loss of data. FREAKHOSTING shall not be held liable for any disruption, delay, or disconnection of services for any period of time. We reserve the right to terminate a client's services in the event of a charge dispute, despite the outcome of the dispute.
FREAKHOSTING retains the right to seek and consult with any appropriate authorities that may need to be involved in the event of an issue arising whether it is through violation of this policy or any other illegal occurrence requiring the involvement of law-enforcement agencies.
This contract shall be governed by the substantive law of United Kingdom. This also applies to orders from abroad. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be solved by the Court of England or Wales.
You agree that you have no right to use any of FREAKHOSTING's logos, trade marks, or domain names.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please contact us at:
Vlad-Ioan Alexandru (sole-trader) trading as FREAKHOSTING
3rd floor, 86-90 Paul St
London, England EC2A 4NE
Phone: (+44)115 7940794
Last updated April 01, 2023
This privacy notice for Vlad-Ioan Alexandru trading as FREAKHOSTING ('Company', 'we', 'us', or 'our'), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ('process') your information when you use our services ('Services'), such as when you:
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number, and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Stripe, Paysafecard, Blockonomics and Paypal. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://stripe.com/privacy, https://www.paysafecard.com/en/privacy-notice/, https://www.blockonomics.co/views/privacy.html and https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/privacy-full.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following categories of third parties.
Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents ('third parties') who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
6. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our Services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Services offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Google logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, and profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on such a social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Services. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use, and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK), you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided below.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your Member State data protection authority or UK data protection authority.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided below.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. You may also opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at [email protected].
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ('DNT') feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognising and implementing DNT signals has been finalised. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated 'Revised' date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
Vlad-Ioan Alexandru trading as FREAKHOSTING
3rd floor, 86-90 Paul St
London, England EC2A 4NE
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us.
Last updated April 21, 2023
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, FREAKHOSTING) are called "first-party cookies." Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies." Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first- and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Online Properties. Third parties serve cookies through our Website for advertising, analytics, and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie rights by setting your preferences in the Cookie Consent Manager. The Cookie Consent Manager allows you to select which categories of cookies you accept or reject. Essential cookies cannot be rejected as they are strictly necessary to provide you with services.
The specific types of first- and third-party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform are described in the table below (please note that the specific cookies served may vary depending on the specific Online Properties you visit):
Analytics and customization cookies:
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Website for you.
|Purpose:||Used to distinguish individual users by means of designation of a randomly generated number as client identifier, which allows calculation of visits and sessions|
|Expires in:||1 year 11 months 29 days|
|Purpose:||Records a particular ID used to come up with data about website usage by the user|
|Expires in:||1 year 11 months 29 days|
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
|Purpose:||Facebook tracking pixel used to identify visitors for personalized advertising.|
|Expires in:||2 months 29 days|
|Purpose:||Used to measure the conversion rate of ads presented to the user. Expires in 1.5 years.|
|Expires in:||1 year 11 months 29 days|
|Purpose:||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.|
|Expires in:||2 months 29 days|
|Purpose:||A session cookie used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.|
|Expires in:||15 minutes|
|Purpose:||Used to deliver targeted adverts to users based on browsing activity. It is a HTTP cookie.|
These are cookies that have not yet been categorized. We are in the process of classifying these cookies with the help of their providers.
|Expires in:||5 months 30 days|
How can I control cookies on my browser?
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit:
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called "tracking pixels" or "clear gifs"). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enables us to recognize when someone has visited our Website or opened an email including them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within a website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to the website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of email marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Do you use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
Websites may also use so-called "Flash Cookies" (also known as Local Shared Objects or "LSOs") to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of our services, fraud prevention, and for other site operations.
If you do not want Flash Cookies stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash Cookies storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash Cookies by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash Cookies (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash Cookies that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time).
Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash Cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our services or online content.
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. They can accomplish this by using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details, or other details that directly identify you unless you choose to provide these.
Where can I get further information?
Vlad-Ioan Alexandru (sole-trader) trading as FREAKHOSTING
3rd floor, 86-90 Paul St
London, England EC2A 4NE
Phone: (+44)115 7940794
Acceptable of Use Policy
Last updated April 01, 2023
The use of FREAKHOSTING services for illegal activities or to support such activities is prohibited. FREAKHOSTING reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured parties in investigating suspected crimes or civil wrongs.
Transmission of threatening material or harassment of others using FREAKHOSTING services, whether through email, uploading, posting, or otherwise, is not allowed.
FORGERY OR IMPERSONATION
Forgery or impersonation, including adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information to deceive or mislead, and attempting to impersonate another person using forged headers or other identifying information, is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
Use of FREAKHOSTING services to engage in fraudulent activities, such as financial scams and pyramid schemes, is prohibited.
Unauthorized access to the accounts of others or attempts to penetrate FREAKHOSTING or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system is strictly prohibited and is subject to immediate termination and further investigation.
Activities that disrupt other people or systems from using FREAKHOSTING services or the Internet, such as Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, interference or disruption of other network users, services or equipment, are not allowed. It is the member's responsibility to ensure that their network is secure and not used for illegal or inappropriate actions.
Fraudulent activities, including misrepresentation or misleading statements or activities, are strictly prohibited. FREAKHOSTING is not responsible for any third-party websites, services, or content and does not endorse or assume responsibility for them. Any access to such third-party websites or content is at the user's own risk, and FREAKHOSTING will not be liable for any damages arising from their use.
The following activities are not allowed: pornography, file sharing/repositories/storage, fraudulent activity, extortion or blackmail. Malicious scripts or software, including those involving phishing, backdoors, CPU/memory eating scripts, and more, may not be uploaded. The service may only be used for hosting a website/web application and cannot be used as a central source for providing clients with mod content.
DISK RESOURCE USE
Disk space provided with FREAKHOSTING web hosting services may only be used for files and content directly related to the operation of the website, web applications, or game servers being hosted. It cannot be used for file sharing, storing backups, or any other unrelated purposes.